Careers at Type A Training Group, Inc.
Type A Training Group, Inc. offers exciting and challenging career opportunities in myriad professional areas. We recruit highly qualified and highly skilled personnel to include private sector professionals and U.S. military and law enforcement professionals. The company searches for people of the utmost caliber; accountability, integrity, and professionalism are requirements for a Type A Training Group hire. Our employees and contractors enjoy a workplace filled with other highly motivated individuals dedicated to maintaining a productive and cohesive work environment.
Office: Quad Cities Area and Peoria Area
Provide firearms training and tactical instruction on topics of required pre-requisite training to Type A Training Group students.
- Provide instruction and conducts training courses utilizing prescribed curriculum for pistols and rifles.
- Maintain training facility (ranges, equipment, etc)
- Ensure safety of students.
- Communicates with Type A Training Group Management and ensures compliance with all company policy, procedures, and safety guidelines.
- Represents Type A Training Group and deals effectively with students, peers and company personnel.
- Explains and demonstrates use of equipment.
- Evaluates the abilities of individual participants to determine suitable corrective or remedial instruction.
- Conduct curriculum maintenance and development as required.
- Maintain and complete any additional training and/or certifications required by the contract.
- Other duties as assigned.
U.S. Citizenship required. Minimum four years military experience in a combat arms MOS with honorable discharge or four years with a full time law enforcement agency. Previous tactical instructional experience required. NRA certified instructors are welcome to apply.
Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization. Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion. Problem solving skills with an analytical though process. Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established company safety standard. Also works in an office/classroom setting.
Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 50 lbs. Requires standing for long periods of time in all weather conditions. Requires intermittent sitting, walking, running, climbing, squatting, stretching, bending and kneeling. Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
Type A Training Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration without regard to race, age, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.